What other people are asking

What should I do if my card has been lost or stolen?

If your card is lost or stolen, or likely to be misused, please contact our 24-hour Lost and Stolen Card Team immediately. Our advisers will cancel your card(s) as soon as you notify us, and will issue replacements.

We recommend you save the telephone number of our Lost and Stolen Card Team into your mobile phone. That way, you'll have it available if you should ever need it.

You can call us on 0800 085 2401 (or +44 1442 422 929* from abroad). Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

*Charges may be incurred if calling from abroad.

How do I get a replacement for a cracked or damaged debit or credit card?

If your card is so damaged that you can't use it, please send us a secure message with online banking or go to your HSBC branch to order a new one.

How do I activate my secure key?

Please visit our Ways to Bank page for a complete description of how to activate your secure key, along with a range of video tutorials.

How do I open a student account?

To apply for a HSBC Student Account you can talk to one of our team in any of our HSBC branches. Remember, if you're new to HSBC you'll need to bring identification such as a passport, birth certificate or driving licence and proof of your address (e.g. a recent utilities bill, bank statement or your UCAS acceptance letter) with you. Also remember to bring your proof of acceptance onto a qualifying course if you're applying for the full Student Account.

My card is blocked, can I still get some money?

If your card is blocked, please go to your local branch with proof of ID so you can withdraw money and also get your card unblocked if there are no issues.