Apply for an HSBC Overdraft today:
With the HSBC Overdraft Service you'll get:
- Agree your overdraft limit in advance
- Overdraft chargesFor details of the charges that may be applicable, please click here to see examples.
- Be confident – even in expensive monthsIf your request for an overdraft is approved, you'll know that when you keep within your limit all your payments will be made and no overdraft fees will apply. Your only cost will be the interest you pay.
- No overdraft fees if you stick to your agreed limitProvided you keep within your limit the only cost to you will be the overdraft interest you pay.
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years or over?
- Do you have a relevant HSBC bank account?
Our Overdraft Service is available on HSBC Premier, Advance, Bank Account, Bank Account Pay Monthly, Graduate, Gap Year and Student Bank Accounts (over 18s only).
Our Overdraft Service is not available on Basic Bank Account.
All requests for an HSBC overdraft are subject to your credit status and all overdrafts are repayable on demand. It will be more cost effective for you if you avoid going over your arranged limit. If you need help to manage your account or are struggling with your finances, please contact us.
If you know what limit you need: you can apply for an arranged overdraft and get an instant decision now.
If you're not sure how much you'll need: please call us on 03456 00 61 61 between 8am to 10pm or arrange a visit at your local branch so we can discuss it with you.
*Channel Islands and Isle of Man customers are not eligible to apply online.
Apply by phone
If you have an eligible HSBC Current Account, you can apply for an overdraft by calling
03456 00 61 61
+44 1226 261 010
Lines are open from 8 AM to 10 PM every day (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day)
Apply in branch
Book your appointment to apply in branch by calling:
You'll need to bring identification, proof of your address and a recent bank statement.