- Premier Worldwide Travel Insurance
- What's covered
- What you should know before you travel
- Making a claim
As part of your HSBC Premier experience, you enjoy the benefit of Premier Worldwide Travel Insurance at no extra cost.
Our cover gives you, your partner, dependent children and grandchildren under 23 years of age worldwide protection.
Premier Worldwide Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Policy terms and conditions apply.
Please note: holidays in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man will only be covered if they include two or more consecutive nights stay in pre-booked holiday accommodation and prepaid flights or ferry crossings.
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Do you hold an HSBC Premier account?
- Are you under 70 years of age when you open your HSBC Premier account or when your trip starts? Note: When you reach 70, you will no longer be covered by HSBC Premier Travel Insurance.
- Are you a resident of the Channel Islands or Isle of Man?
- Are you going to start and finish your trip in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man?
- Are any dependent children* under 18 years of age at the start date of the trip (under 23 years of age if in full time education and living with you outside of term time)?
- Are any grandchildren* under 18 years of age at the start date of the trip (under 23 years of age if in full time education)?
*Children are only covered when travelling with you or your partner, or travelling with close relatives who are over 23 years of age, or travelling independently on a school/college trip with teachers/lecturers. Grandchildren are only covered when travelling with you or your partner.
To make a medical claim you must be registered with a doctor in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
You will need to call the HSBC Medical Risk Assessment Helpline on 0800 051 7457 before booking your trip if you or any insured person in the last 12 months has:
- been prescribed medication;
- received or are awaiting medical treatment, tests or investigations;
- been referred to a specialist, or admitted to hospital for any condition not listed on the accepted conditions list
Pre-existing conditions are not covered at any time under the policy, unless listed within the accepted conditions list or have been disclosed to and accepted in writing by the HSBC Medical Risk Assessment Helpline.