We share your passion for the sustainability of our planet. That's why we're proud to offer Energy Efficiency Loans, to help you support your local environmental conservation charities and contribute towards the Island's ambition to become carbon neutral.
For every approved loan for an energy efficiency purchase, such as solar panels, double glazing, or a new electric car, we'll support the planting of ten metres of hedgerow or five trees.
As an extra thank you, you'll receive £50 cashback too.
To send proof of purchase to qualify for an Energy Efficiency Loan, please email email@example.com with your invoice/quotation of your qualifying purchase/service along with your new Personal Loan sort code and account number.
Please note that this is an automated email address and no response will be made to any additional queries.
Features and benefits
- Loans available from £1,000 to £25,000 or £1,000 to £50,000 for Premier customers
Spread your repayments over 1 to 5 years for Personal Loans of £15,000 and less,
or over 1 to 8 years for Personal Loans of over £15,000.
Quick decisionWhether you're applying in a branch or by phone, you should get an instant credit decision.
Fixed repayment termsYou always know how much you need to repay each month.
Repayment holidaysYou could have the option of a repayment holiday for the first 3 months or every January for the life of your loan. More interest will be payable overall.
- Early repaymentsYou can repay your loan in full at any time. Once you've given us notice, we'll give you a settlement figure. It's necessary to pay all the amounts owed if you wish to close the loan. Where you make an early repayment, there may be a reduction in the amount of interest you'll have to pay and this will be reflected in the settlement figure. Please note, there is a penalty of one month's interest for repaying your loan early.
- OverpaymentsYou can make overpayments without charge, which may reduce the amount of interest you pay.
Funds transferred same dayIf approved in a branch, you'll receive the money in your account the same day.1
Apply for additional borrowingYou can apply to borrow more money either in a branch or over the phone. If you've made fewer than 6 repayments on your existing Personal Loan, you won't be eligible for the January holiday or 3-month deferred start option on your new loan. You can also take out a separate loan to your existing one if you prefer.
- Responsible lendingWe work with you to try to make sure you don't borrow more than you can afford to repay.
5.8% APR representative
For loans between £7,000 and £15,000. Only available for HSBC current account customers.
4.9% APR representative for Premier customers
For loans between £7,000 and £30,000. Our HSBC Premier Personal loans are available exclusively to HSBC Premier current account customers.
The rate is subject to change and the representative APR2 may not be the rate you'll receive. We'll offer you a rate based on our assessment of your personal financial circumstances. The maximum APR you could be offered is 24.9%.
Our charity partners
Apply for an Energy Efficiency Personal Loan
Please note: Premier Personal Loans are only available to HSBC Premier customers.
Before you apply, take a look below to see if you're eligible. Here's what you'll need:
- details of your annual income
- full details of your monthly outgoings, including your household bills and any amounts for mortgage or rent
- full details of any existing lending that you hold outside HSBC, including all loans, hire purchase agreements and credit cards with other providers
Simply log on, go to Products & Services and select Apply for a Personal Loan.
Applicable for sole accounts only.
Not yet banking with HSBC on your island?
Before you can apply for a loan, you'll need to hold a bank account with us.
Apply by phone
Apply in a branch
You might also be interested in
Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 and make your plans a reality with a personal loan from HSBC.