Buy to Let mortgages
If you're looking to buy or remortgage a Buy to Let property, our Buy to Let mortgages could be the answer.
Whether you're starting or expanding your property portfolio, our Buy to Let mortgage range can help you get going.
Our Buy to Let mortgages are available up to 75% loan to value and a maximum Buy to Let lending limit applies. Other fees and charges may be payable including legal fees and charges levied by your existing lender.
- Attractive rates
- Low booking fees
- Fixed and tracker rates available
To apply for our Buy to Let mortgages, you'll need to meet our Borrower and Buy to Let mortgage eligibility criteria:
- Minimum annual salary of £25,000
- You must have owned and lived in your existing property for at least 6 months
- The property must be in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- The maximum loan to valuation (LTV) is 75%, subject to loan amount
- Properties must be let under a suitable tenancy agreement or let for business purposes
- The property must not be a House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO), e.g. a student let
- All Buy to Let mortgages are subject to underwriting and lending criteria that may be varied from time to time
- Additional Borrowing is available to existing HSBC Buy to Let mortgage holders looking to borrow more on their existing rental property, however total lending must not exceed 75% loan to value (except for additional borrowing taken for debt consolidation purposes. The maximum borrowing amount for this is £30,000 with a maximum 60% loan to value).
- We are not able to provide a Buy to Let mortgage if you are classified as either a Professional Landlord or a Portfolio Landlord. A Professional Landlord is a person(or persons in the case of the joint mortgage) with more than £2,000,000 in buy to Let borrowing across all lenders or where more than 50 per cent of their total gross annual income (joint income) is from rental income. A Portfolio Landlord is a person( or persons in the case of a joint mortgage) with four or more buy to let mortgaged properties in total at the end of the application.
Our maximum borrowing limits take into account your total Buy to Let borrowing across all lenders and is subject to our maximum Buy to Let lending limits. The affordability of a Buy to Let mortgage will be assessed from the property's rental income. The rent must be at least 145% of the mortgage payment, using an interest rate that takes into account the possibility of future interest rate rises.
This way we can help to ensure the loan is affordable now and in the future. For example, if the monthly payment is £100 (100%), the monthly rental income must be at least £145 (145%). To assess how much you can afford to borrow, a Rental Income affordability assessment is carried out.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your property.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.