Earn a high rate of interest. If you save £250 every month for 12 months, you’ll earn approx. £44 interest (gross).
Save for a 12 month-term. With Regular Saver, you save money over a 12-month fixed period. Partial withdrawals are not permitted. If you close your account early, you'll receive interest at our Flexible Saver rate.
Start Saving from just £25. You can start your account by saving just £25 per month by standing order from your HSBC current account.
Open a Regular Saver today
Before you can open your Regular Saver account, you’ll need to hold a bank account with us.
Key product information
You can choose to set up a standing order to pay between £25 and £250 into your Regular Saver account each month, up to a total of £3,000. (If your regular payments are less than £250, you can carry your allowance over and pay more in later months.)
Please note, you can only hold one Regular Saver Account at any given time.
What is the interest rate?
|£25 - £250
£25 - £250
|Interest Rate||2.75% (AER/Gross)|
Can HSBC change the interest rate?
No, once your account is opened the rate will remain fixed for the 12 month term.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on 12 regular monthly deposits of £25 and £250?
|Monthly deposits||Interest rate||Total deposits
after 12 months
|Balance at end of 12 months|
after 12 months
|Balance at end of 12 months||£304.47|
after 12 months
|Balance at end of 12 months||
For the purpose of this calculation, it is assumed:
- 12 monthly deposits of £25 or £250
- no withdrawals
- no change to the interest rate during the 12 months
Projection provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
- you must have one of the following HSBC current accounts: HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance, Bank Account, Bank Account Pay Monthly, HSBC Student Bank Account or Graduate Bank Account which you must maintain for the 12 month duration
How to open the account:
- you can open a sole account via your online banking, telephone banking or in your local branch
- you can open a joint account via telephone banking or in your local branch
- the minimum deposit in month 1 is £25
- the maximum balance is £3,000 at the end of the 12 month term
- Regular deposits must be made by standing order each month
- the minimum monthly deposit is £25 per month
- the maximum monthly deposit is £250 per month
- if you don't pay in the maximum allowed in any month, you can carry over the unused subscriptions and catch up in future months
How to manage the account
- once opened you can view your account balance via online banking, our mobile banking app, in branch or via phone banking. You can change the amount of your standing order via phone banking
Can I withdraw money?
- no, you can not make partial withdrawals
- you can close your account before the end of the 12 month term however you will receive interest up to the date of closure at our Flexible Saver rate
- at the end of 12 months we'll transfer your savings into your Instant Access Savings, Flexible Saver or Premier Savings. If you have more than one of these accounts we'll pay your savings into the account which pays the best interest. And if you don't have any of these accounts, we'll convert your Regular Saver to a Flexible Saver
- a 14 day cancellation period applies to this account
- we do not deduct tax from any interest paid to you
- AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year
- gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year
Rates correct as at 24 November 2020
How to apply
Already an HSBC customer?
New to HSBC?
Other ways to apply
Before applying, please take the time to read the following documents. You may also want to save them for future reference.
Your eligible deposits with HSBC Bank plc are protected up to the limit of your local Compensation Scheme.
You might also be interested in
Frequently asked questions
How much can I save?
How can I access my savings?
How does interest work on this account
1 HSBC Premier is subject to financial eligibility criteria. Please refer to the HSBC Premier webpages for more information. HSBC Advance Bank Account is subject to eligibility criteria and is available to customers who pay in £1,750 or more each month (or a minimum of £10,500 every six months), not including money transferred from other sole or joint personal accounts held with HSBC Bank. Please refer to the HSBC Advance webpages for more information.