- Access telephone banking through your voice
- No need to use your security number
- Easier and safer to access your account through telephone banking
How do I sign up for Voice ID?
- Call 08000 852 380 to enrol for HSBC Voice ID
- Verification using your telephone security number
- Create your voiceprint saying 'My voice is my password' up to five times
- Use your voice to access your account through telephone banking
Then next time you call, no more passwords... you'll just need to repeat that short, simple phrase.
Don't worry about remembering it - we'll tell you what to say each time.
If you've forgotten your telephone banking security number, you can reset it by calling 03456 00 61 61.
HSBC Voice ID is available to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man customers over the age of 18 who are registered for telephone banking.
How it works
Your voice is unique, just as your fingerprint is which means you can create your own voiceprint with us.
Once you've created your 'voiceprint', you'll be able to use your voice to access telephone banking and we'll use this to further help protect against fraud.
Instead of entering two random digits from your telephone banking security number, we'll verify it's you by asking you to say a short simple phrase.
Voice ID can analyse your voice in seconds - checking over 100 behavioural and physical vocal traits, including the size and shape of your mouth, how fast you talk and how you emphasise words.
Fraudsters and hackers may be able to steal or guess your security number, but they can't replicate your voice.
Voice ID is sensitive enough to help detect if someone is impersonating you or playing a recording - and recognise you even if you have a cold or sore throat.
You won't need to remember your security number.
Once you've entered your account or card number you'll just need your voice to access your account through telephone banking.