HSBC Insurance Aspects provides:
Worldwide Travel Insurance (for customers aged under 70)
Please note that Insurance Aspects is currently not available for new customers.
Stay protected with worldwide Travel Insurance provided as part of HSBC Insurance Aspects. This Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited and provides cover for you and your family on worldwide trips whether travelling by land, air or sea.
You must be registered with a Doctor in the UK in order to make any medical claims, or claims for cancellation or coming home early due to medical emergencies.
- Baggage cover for loss, theft or damage to your personal belongings
- Up to £10 million of medical cover for emergency medical treatment and associated expenses
- Disruption to your travel plans: Cover if you miss your pre-booked transport or your pre-booked transport is delayed for at least 12 hours
- Up to £5000 cancellation and abandonment cover: Refund of non-recoverable travel and accommodation costs if you're forced to cancel or cut short your trip including cover for if your transport or accommodation provider or booking agent becomes insolvent or you're unable to travel or continue your trip due to a terrorist attack
- Winter Sports cover. Up to 31 days of Winter Sports cover for loss, theft or damage to winter sports equipment. Also includes additional benefits for delays due to avalanche, ski pack, piste closures or injury or illness which prevents you from taking part in winter sports activities
- Optional upgrades: Extended trip duration, increased cancellation and abandonment cover, increased cover for golf equipment and green fees
To be eligible for HSBC Insurance Aspects Worldwide Travel Insurance you must be aged under 70 at the start of your trip.
24 hour Motor Breakdown Assistance
Motor Breakdown Assistance covers you as a driver or passenger of any eligible vehicle for breakdowns which occur at your home address or on the road in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
You can benefit from up to 5 call outs per year per account holder.
HSBC Insurance Aspects Motor Breakdown Assistance is provided by RAC Motoring Services and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited.
In some circumstances, you may need to pay for a service that is covered under your policy yourself, such as paying for a taxi, and claim this back from the RAC, as stated in your policy terms and conditions.
You can use this form to request your reimbursement from the RAC – please note you must request this within 90 days of your breakdown:
Mobile Phone Insurance
Covers your mobile phone against loss, theft, breakdown outside of your warranty or accidental damage, up to a clam limit of £1,500 (minus a £75 excess).
- Includes worldwide cover
- You must own the phone and be a UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man resident
- Your phone can be on contract or Pay-as-you-go
- Maximum 2 claims per HSBC Insurance Aspects holder per policy year
- All customers must be 18 or over
Mobile phone insurance is provided by Aviva Insurance Limited. Whilst Aviva will be the insurer of this policy and will remain liable to you under the terms and conditions of this policy, it will use The Carphone Warehouse Limited as its agents to help administer your policy and deal with claims.
HSBC Insurance Aspects is currently not available for new customers to purchase. This information is for Advance customers who hold HSBC Insurance Aspects.
Existing HSBC Insurance Aspects customers
- Hold and pay the monthly fee from your HSBC Advance Account
- Be a UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man resident
If you decide to cancel your HSBC Insurance Aspects it will not be possible to reinstate this HSBC Insurance Aspects in the future.
If you close your HSBC Advance Bank Account from which the monthly fee is paid, we will automatically close HSBC Insurance Aspects at the same time.
If you tell us that you are moving outside of the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, we will close HSBC Insurance Aspects from your date of departure.
HSBC Insurance Aspects fee
- £9.95 a month
- £4.95 if all policy holders are aged 70 or above (does not include travel insurance)
- This fee will be taken from your HSBC Advance Bank Account