What should I do if my card has been lost or stolen?
Please take action as soon you realise that your cards have been lost or stolen. If you report your card lost or stolen, we will cancel your card immediately and issue you with a replacement. You will receive a new card within 7 working days in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or UK by post and within 10 working days overseas.
Tell us via online banking
1. Select the ‘Report a lost or stolen card’ button
2. Enter your log on details
3. Follow the on-screen instructions
Remember that time when your card disappeared and turned up the moment you cancelled it? You can now place a temporary block on your card via online banking, and simply unblock it when it turns up.
Or, if you don't find it, report it to us as lost or stolen. No harm done.
Phone our emergency line
If you are not registered for online banking please phone our emergency line on 0800 085 2401 from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, UK or +44 1442 422929 if you are overseas.
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Charges may be incurred if calling from overseas.
Useful security information
Read how we can work together to keep your HSBC card safe, including:
- Protecting your card and PIN
- Covering your PIN when you enter it to stop others seeing it
- Never divulging your PIN to anyone, even if they claim to be police or HSBC staff
- Checking statements and query transactions you don't recognise