Switching to HSBC
The Current Account Switch Service is a simple, stress-free way to switch your current account to us in just 7 working days.
If your bank isn't part of the Current Account Switch Service, we'll help you manually switch and we'll contact your current bank for you at no extra cost.
Bank accounts that include an overdraft can switch using the Current Account Switch Service. Please speak to us before starting your switch to discuss your overdraft eligibility.
Our current accounts offer a range of great benefits including:
- No monthly account fees
- Island Privileges rewards programme for Premier and Advance customers
How the Current Account Switch Service works
If your bank is part of the Current Account Switch Service you'll be able to choose a date to switch at least 7 working days after your account with us is open.
Day 1 – We'll tell your old bank you want to switch
Day 2-6 - We'll take care of moving all your payments
Day 7 – We'll close your old account and transfer any balance to your new account
Ready to switch
Find the current account that's right for you:
Book an appointment to apply by phone or in branch:
If you can't visit a branch, you can start your application over the phone with a member of our branch staff. To complete your application, you'll need to provide your documentation by post or drop it in to a branch.
Current Account Switch Guarantee
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
Not all banks in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man offer the Current Account Switching Service. Please check whether your existing bank supports the service.
Third Party Providers (TPPs) Permissions
If you have given permissions to Third Party Providers to make payments on your behalf, or to access your financial data, access to these services won’t be transferred automatically to your new account as part of the Current Account Switch Service.
- Before you close your old account, check whether you have any Third Party Provider permissions set up and if so, who with.
- Once your new account is open you can give your permission to the Third Party Provider to access your new account by providing them with your new account details. You will need to contact the Third Party Provider directly yourself to set this up.
- If you are unsure as to whether your New Bank will support the Third Party Provider permissions on your account, you will need to discuss this ahead of your switch with your New Provider who will be able to advise you of this. Please check your new provider’s terms and conditions for more information about Third Party Providers.