Invest with confidence
HSBC Global Investment funds aim to provide extensive access to fast developing emerging markets. We have a team of dedicated emerging markets specialists, and a global team of investment experts who are focused on helping you achieve the best possible results.
Invest in our funds
To benefit from our wealth and investment products, you'll need to open an HSBC Channel Islands & Isle of Man Bank Account.
Why invest in HSBC Global Investment funds
- Build your own diverse portfolioThe fund range includes all types of assets, from shares and bonds to alternative investment types. This allows you to select a range of funds to build your own unique investment portfolio.
- Competitive advantageOur global presence and experience in emerging markets gives our fund managers valuable local knowledge.
- Risk managementOur fund managers work within strict control parameters, so they develop investment strategies focused on risk management.
More about Single Asset Class funds
HSBC Global Investment funds are suited to investors who like to make their own investment decisions, or want to invest in a particular market.
They can be approached in 3 distinct ways:
- By asset classYou can invest through equity and bond funds, or other types of funds that invest in freely traded securities, money market instruments and other liquid assets.
- By investment objectives or themeYou can invest in markets that may be of particular interest to you, like climate change or regional and single country funds.
- Emerging marketsOur comprehensive global emerging markets offering is backed by our emerging markets and Asian equity research teams. It's managed by lead managers with local knowledge and regular access to the companies they invest in.
How much does it cost?
Total charges = initial entry charge + ongoing charge
Initial entry charge
Key documents and performance information
View our available funds and access the latest fund performance, KIIDs and factsheets.
How it works
Your investment funds are held in our nominee service, which makes it quicker and easier to manage your investments over time.
Once you've made your investment you can buy, sell, repurchase and manage your investment all via online banking.
HSBC Global Investment Funds are offered without investment advice via our International Investment Centre. This means we aren't required to assess the suitability of this product for you if your choose to invest online.
If you're not sure about investing or how much risk is appropriate for you, please seek financial advice. Find out more about our financial planning services.
- be at least 18 years old
- live in Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man
- not be a US national, citizen or resident (eg a US passport or Green Card holder)
- have an HSBC Channel Islands & Isle of Man bank account or savings account (this doesn't include the Fixed Rate Saver and the Online Bonus Saver)
- have a joint bank account in the same names - if you're looking to hold joint investments
- keep the bank account throughout your investment. If the bank account is closed during this period, you won't be able to trade with the investments you hold
- invest a minimum of £50 per month or a lump sum of £500, for investments without advice through our International Investment Centre
- invest £250 per month or £25,000 lump sum, for investments with advice
How to apply
Existing HSBC customers
If you have an HSBC Channel Islands & Isle of Man account already, you can simply apply online in just a few minutes. Once you've logged on, you can apply by selecting International Investment Centre from the Investments header.
Not yet registered for online banking? Register now.
Not sure which investments are for you? Speak to one of our wealth managers
Not yet banking with HSBC on your island?
You can apply for HSBC World Selection Portfolios once you've opened a bank account and registered for online banking with us.
Questions you may have
How do I decide on my appetite for risk?
How is the risk level maintained?
Will any restrictions apply to withdrawals from my investment?
Please remember that the value of investments is not guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested, and any income received from them can fall as well as rise. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where securities are held outside the UK or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least 5 years.
Economies in emerging markets generally are heavily dependent upon international trade. They have been, and may continue to be, affected adversely by trade barriers, exchange controls, managed adjustments in relative currency values and other protectionist measures imposed or negotiated by the countries with which they trade.
By making investments yourself through our self-execution service, you will not benefit from the additional investor protections and assurances that form part of the benefit of obtaining professional investment advice through our advisory services.
If you are unsure about your personal tax obligations, you should seek professional advice. It is your responsibility to disclose your income to the tax authorities.
You might be interested in
International Investment Centre
Explore a whole range of funds with our International Investment Centre.
Wealth and Forex insights
Stay ahead of global trends with the latest investment insight and foreign exchange market updates.
This link will take you to the HSBC Expat website.