Apply for an HSBC Student Bank Account today:
With the HSBC Student Bank Account you'll get:
- Prime Student£80 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card and 12 months of Prime Student when you open an HSBC Student Account before 31 December 2018.1
- £1000 Interest Free OverdraftWith an HSBC Student account you get a £1000 interest free overdraft offer.**
- No interest or charges whenever you use your overdraftRepresentative example: 0% EAR variable (assumed overdraft £1,000
- Option to apply to increase overdraft as your studies progressIncrease of up to £2,000 in year two and £3,000 in year three. **
- Student Credit CardSubject to status and account conduct.
- Mobile BankingDay to day digital tools to help you manage your money on the go including Apple Pay® or Android Pay™.
- HSBC Regular SaverPut money aside each month and watch your balance grow with an HSBC Regular Saver.
- Student ExclusiveFreebies, discounts, tickets and competitions to help your money go further. From everyday living to planning a gap year.
1Amazon Gift Card and Prime Student
Offer available to students or apprentices in their ﬁrst year of a qualifying course and who fully open an HSBC Student Account by 31 December 2018. Account subject to status, you must be UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man resident and 18+. Terms and conditions apply. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards (“GCs”) may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products available on www.amazon. co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon. co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its afﬁliates.
** Subject to status and account conduct
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Have you been a resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for at least the last 3 years?
- Can you provide proof of address and identification if you currently don't have a HSBC current account?
- Can you confirm you do not hold a student account elsewhere?
- Are you studying, or intending to study:
- a full time qualifying course at a UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man university / college?
- or a part-time course with a Disabled Students' Allowance.
- Postgraduates must have completed an undergraduate degree course in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man in the last three years. To confirm this we must see proof e.g. graduation certificate / diploma or letter from university / college.
- You have proof of your unconditional acceptance e.g. UCAS letter or letter from the university / college?
Apply in branch
Book your appointment to apply in branch by calling:
03456 00 61 61
You’ll need to bring identification, proof of your address and a recent bank statement.