Student Bank Account
Apply for an HSBC Student Bank Account today:
With the HSBC Student Bank Account you'll get:
- £1000 Interest Free OverdraftWith an HSBC Student account you get a £1000 interest free overdraft offer.
- No interest or charges whenever you use your overdraftAssumed limit £1,200: 0% EAR (variable), giving a representative rate of 0% APR (variable).
- Option to apply to increase overdraft as your studies progressIncrease of up to £2,000 in year two and £3,000 in year three.
- Student Credit CardSubject to status and account conduct.
- Mobile BankingDay to day digital tools to help you manage your money on the go including Apple Pay® or Android Pay™.
- HSBC Regular SaverPut money aside each month and watch your balance grow with an HSBC Regular Saver.
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Have you been a resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for at least the last 3 years?
- Can you provide proof of address and identification if you currently don't have a HSBC current account?
- Can you confirm you do not hold a student account elsewhere?
- Are you studying, or intending to study:
- a full time qualifying course at a UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man university / college?
- or a part-time course with a Disabled Students' Allowance.
- Postgraduates must have completed an undergraduate degree course in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man in the last three years. To confirm this we must see proof e.g. graduation certificate / diploma or letter from university / college.
- You have proof of your unconditional acceptance e.g. UCAS letter or letter from the university / college?
Apply in branch
Book your appointment to apply in branch by calling:
You’ll need to bring identification, proof of your address and a recent bank statement.