Apply for an HSBC Graduate Bank Account today:
With the HSBC Graduate Bank Account you'll get:
- Apply for an interest-free overdraft
You may be eligible for an overdraft facility, of which £1,500 will be interest-free during your first year and £1,000 in your second year after graduation.
Assumed limit £1,200; Year 1: 0% EAR (variable) on the first £1,500, 19.9% EAR (variable) thereafter, giving a representative rate of 0% APR (variable).
Year 2: 0% EAR (variable) on the first £1,000, 19.9% EAR (variable) thereafter, giving a representative rate of 3.1% APR (variable).
From 2nd November 2020, we’re changing our Graduate Bank Account overdraft limits to offer extended financial support following graduation.
- Save at great ratesAs a graduate customer you can open a Regular saver, one of our highest earning savings accounts.
- Switch your bank account easily
Switching your account to HSBC is fast and straightforward using the Current account switch service.
The Current Account Switching Service is not offered by all banks in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Please check whether your existing bank supports the service.
- VISA debit card (contactless feature, subject to status)
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years or over?
- Have you graduated from university within the last 2 years?
- Can you provide proof of graduation, ie a graduation certificate?
- Are you happy for us to undertake a credit register search (PDF)
- Can you provide us with the information and documents we require? Banking with HSBC (PDF)
- Can you also provide us with identification and proof of your address and one month's bank statements from your current bank?
If you already hold an HSBC Student bank account, please let us know and we'll transfer you to a Graduate account.
How to apply
Apply by phone or in branch
Book an appointment to apply by phone or in branch by calling:
You’ll need to provide identification, proof of your address and a recent bank statement.