Helping children and grandchildren manage their own money
Understanding and experiencing the value of money is a key life skill you can teach a child and an essential step for them to enjoy their own full lives. HSBC Premier provides specially designed bank and savings account to help you do just that.
- Encourage children to save from the age of 7 with an HSBC Premier MySavings account.
- Provide the experience of managing a current account from 11 years old with an HSBC Premier MyAccount. HSBC Premier MySavings and HSBC Premier MyAccount are available to children and grandchildren of HSBC Premier customers.*1
- HSBC Premier MyAccount has a contactless debit card that allows them to withdraw up to £100 a day from cash machines in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man and around the world, without being charged a cash withdrawal fee by HSBC*2
- The child’s accounts will be held in their name, but we allow parents to check them for complete peace of mind
- Mobile, online and telephone banking from the age of 11
- Access to Global Safety Net with the same emergency service you would receive abroad.
HSBC Premier Emergency Helpline
03456 00 61 61
+44 1470 697139
*1 Parents must be present at account opening for both child and grandchild accounts Grandparents do not need to be present at the point of account opening but will be required to verify their Premier status.
*2 Some other cash machine operators may apply a direct charge for withdrawals from their cash machines and this should be advised on screen at the time of withdrawal. These transactions are subject to a non-sterling transaction fee, currently 2.75% of the amount of the transaction
Apply for HSBC Premier MySavings:
To open a Premier MySavings for a child, you must be a Premier customer, for which certain financial and other criteria apply.