Student Credit Card
Based on an assumed credit limit of
About this card
- Up to £500 credit availableNot only does a card offer a convenient way for you to pay between student loans but, if you use it sensibly and clear your balance each month, it could show you are a responsible borrower which may help to improve your future credit rating.
- No annual fee
Using your card
- Manage your card onlineOnline banking is a convenient way to manage your card. It lets you check your credit card balance, make payments and stay in control.
- Use your card abroadYou can use your HSBC Credit Card at any retailer or cash machine that displays the logo on your card. Fees apply and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee. Find out more about credit card fees abroad.
- Bank anywhere with the HSBC Mobile Banking AppMake payments to existing beneficiaries and manage your personal accounts easily and securely with the HSBC UK Mobile Banking App.
- 24/7 worldwide assistanceDay or night, help is always at hand if your card is lost or stolen. Wherever you are in the world you can speak to our dedicated team about getting an emergency cash advance.
Apply for a Student Credit Card
Are you eligible?
Please ensure you read the important information in the 'Things you should know' section before applying.
Registered for online banking?
If you're already registered for online banking, you can apply online now.
Not registered yet?
You need to be registered for online banking to apply.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking and have downloaded the app you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.